Reasonable Modification Policy
RTA follows all requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), including amendments to clarify existing rules under 49 CFR Part 27 and 37 as implemented in July 2015. Per this final rule, RTA is required to make reasonable modifications or accommodations to our policies and procedures to ensure individuals with disabilities have equal access to RTA’s services.
RTA will make reasonable modifications to its policies and procedures when necessary to avoid discrimination and ensure accessibility for people with disabilities. Reasonable modifications do have limitations and are not intended to:
- Cause a direct threat to the health and safety of others
- Constitute a fundamental alteration in services
- Not necessary to provide equal access to an RTA service
Considerations when making a reasonable modification request:
- Individuals requesting modifications shall describe what they need in order to use the service by completing our Reasonable Modification Request form
- Individuals requesting modifications are not required to use the term “reasonable modification” when making the request
- Whenever feasible, requests for modifications shall be made and determined in advance, before the transportation provider is expected to provide the modified service
- Where a request for modification cannot be made and determined in advance (because of a condition or barrier at the destination of an RTA service of which the individual was not aware), the RTA shall make a determination of whether the modification should be provided at the time of the request
Whenever possible, please make the request in advance, before the modification is needed to access the service. The RTA will make every effort, to the maximum extent feasible, to ensure that a person with a disability has access to, and benefits from, its services.
To request reasonable modifications based on a disability please complete the Reasonable Modification Request form or contact the Director of Transportation, Planning and Transit Services, Chandra Ravada at (563) 690-5750, email@example.com or mail to 7600 Commerce Park, Dubuque IA 52002. RTA will review the request in accordance with its reasonable modification plan. All information will be kept strictly confidential.
If you believe you have not been provided a reasonable modification for disability, please complete the Reasonable Modification Complaint Form.