Learn About Us
The RTA provides accessible, safe, convenient, and efficient transportation for all citizens in the cities, communities and rural areas of Delaware, Dubuque and Jackson Counties to enhance their quality of life. RTA vehicles are equipped to accommodate the general public, including children, the elderly and people with disabilities.Learn More
3 Easy Steps to Ride the RTA
Schedule the Ride
- Schedule your ride by filling out the ride request form.
- For more information, please contact us at: 1-800-839-5005.
Get on the bus
- The bus will arrive to pick you up at your scheduled time. Please be respectful of the driver and riders during your trip.
- Be at the requested pickup location five minutes early to make sure you don't miss your bus.
- When you are waiting at the bus stop, make sure the driver can see you. Don't stand behind trees, parked vehicles or other obstructions.
- In the winter, please scrape snow or slush from your shoes before boarding.
- Whenever possible, remain seated during the ride. If you must stand, hold on to the handrails. Please move to the back if the bus is crowded.
- Closed, sealable containers such as water bottles are allowed on the bus. Nonsealable containers such as disposable coffee cups are not allowed on the bus.
- Please don't distract the driver or other riders. Earphones are required if you're listening to any audio device.
- Please take your papers, magazines or other materials with you when you leave the bus.